Tuesday, January 17, 2017

New Projects For The New Year

Linking up with Needlework Tuesday
We returned from our Boston jaunt last week and spent the next few days catching up with mail, putting up Christmas decorations, purging the storage shed in back and cleaning house-not to mention laundry!
Now it's back to the normality of the gym and quilting, and the boy whom I had really missed not seeing him for three whole weeks!
 I did make it to the gym in Boston the week after Christmas, I took the eleven year old twins and had several good workouts at the "Y", but the second week they were back in school and I did not go so it feels really good to be back into that routine!
First up on the longarm is this stunning quilt and I have been back and forth with the quilter in Texas deciding on thread color and design. There is something very dramatic always about solid colors on a black background.
It is now loaded and ready to go
The plan is for a bright green thread and a leafy wreath in each block with a flower center, leaves between the blocks and a flower on each of the cornerstones. I think it will be really pretty. 
A couple of new babies at our church necessitates a couple more baby quilts and I pieced this quickie from an assortment of small amounts of girlie fabrics I cut into 7" squares for the baby girl I met before Christmas. It will be quilted as soon as the black one is done. Meanwhile I noticed another new babe on Sunday and I must ask tomorrow at Bible study who it is so I can get another in the works. We have a lot of young families and new ones joining here and there. Our church has had a wonderful preschool for many years [there is usually a waiting list] and we often seem to have new families join after their child has become a student in the preschool. Matthew goes to the Sunday School, which he absolutely loves, also overseen by the preschool director- it's a terrific program of Christian discipleship.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Love the quilts! The first one is so dramatic, while the second is a lot more subtle. Both are so lovely! Great job.

Heather said...

The black quilt is quite unique. I've not seen anything like it. Friendship stars making a wreath.

There never seems to be a shortage of need for baby blankets whether they are knit, crocheted, or sewn.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.