Monday, August 22, 2016

Black And White Chevron Quilt

This may not seem enough for a KS quilt but there are 272 seven inch HST's here for oldest Grandson and wife's quilt.
 Here it is ready for the final pressings, once from the back with a hot dry iron to be sure every seam is flat and laying the way it should be and again from the front with a spritz of water on every seam to ensure that there are no folds.
Then I can be sure that there will be no surprise pleats or lumps to misdirect the quilting or break a needle, put my timing out of whack and waste my time fixing it! Better to spend the effort pressing though it is certainly not my favorite part of the process.
 Although I have a large Polder ironing board it's still awkward and labor intensive. pushing all that fabric around
But the results are worthwhile, now it hangs straight and flat and perfectly prepared for quilting. I will order the backing tomorrow and hopefully have it all finished up for delivery next week. I am planning to make shams to match but they will be a fast project.
Now back to the longarm to quilt up a couple of tops while I await the backing.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It looks lovely. I know some people think you can skimp on pressing, but it really does make a difference.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework tuesday.

Gari in AL said...

I just finished a black and white quilt, with shots of color, as a baby quilt for a great grandchild. I love how the B/W quilts look: so classy. I made one for me, with shots of orange, several years ago: I need to get it out and sleep under it (as soon as Fall comes to the South).