Monday, July 25, 2016

ThirtyFifth Avenue BOM, 2013?

You know you have the deadly, incurable quilting pox  really seriously when you cannot remember the year you made a quilt- it's likely you have made too many to recall these details! So this stunning design has been completed and awaiting a turn on the Big Girl machine for simply ages, I just could not decide how to quilt it because I wanted to custom it. I had quilted one for Kathy K a couple of years ago, an Edge to Edge design using gold thread and it turned out very pretty.
So I finally succumbed to guilt and decided to do an edge to edge design, sometimes thoughts of these incomplete quilts disturb my peace of mind until I cannot bear it any longer!
It is hard to tell in the photos but I used a beautiful 100% cotton variegated King Tut thread called  De Nile and it shows up nicely against the black.
To me this is a very Amish looking quilt, it's also a Q-K size but does not have a designated home!
The pantograph is Jitterbug by Meadowlyon Designs and it's the first time I have used it, I think it gives some nice movement to the quilt.
The blocks below are part of a block swap at the quilt group I have begun to attend. Each month a different block design is given and then there is a drawing for the "winner take all"! The only requirement was for a white background so I pulled some brights from my scrap bin.
Then  I decided to make a second from the grey and yellow palette for  my new bed quilt. I will get two chances to win now!
Linking up with Needlework Tuesday

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Roslyn,
That quilt is awesome! Have a great day!

Kate said...

I am sure the finished quilt will have no problem finding a home. I think it would look fabulous on my bed. :)

Heather said...

The quilt looks pixelated. That is a nice quilting design with lots of movement. I have quite a few tops sitting and waiting while my skill at machine quilting improves.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

Andee said...

It turned out GREAT! Somehow I missed this post...am updating my pages on my blog and came over here to get a current pic of talkin turkey. I still have this one to get the last pesky border on, lol. STUNNER!