Here is the second of what will be four black and white and red quilts from my hands this year!
It is the challenge project from Quilter's Bee in Peoria, AZ.
This is the Disappearing Nine Patch [D9P] Second Generation pattern and it made up quite effectively in these colors. I did mini tut on the pattern here.
I used almost all of the fabrics in the challenge set and added quite a lot from my stash. It's what is called a "controlled scrappy" quilt, the colors are controlled but the individual fabrics are not.
These few 5" squares are all that's left from the two yards of the original challenge fabrics.
To use up more smaller pieces from stash I pieced thirty two rectangles 9"x 20" to make the interesting backing!
Then to be altogether frugal I took the trimmed backing pieces and sliced them 2.25"wide for the double fold binding!
This was a very easy, simple and fast quilt and I am done just in time for show and tell at Quilter's Bee Saturday morning.
I have the baby Matthew tomorrow and I hope to get Andee's latest quilt on the LA because she needs it back quickly to enter in an art show so I will slip it in ahead of other's that aren't so time sensitive, it should be easy enough, it requires very simple quilting.