Saturday, April 21, 2018

Flannel Flag Quilt

Another of my personal quilts done! 
 Quilted with Essentials Pro grey thread freehand with a swirly motif . I just realized that one of the flags is flipped over, LOL, guess I need to take another photo!
It will be a good quilt for a young boy.
I had some of this nice soft brushed cotton plaid extra from making a Braveheart kilt for son#1 for the renaissance festival and it made the perfect backing for the flannel quilt with leftover grey backing for the binding! 
                                   At quilt MeetUp group today I began to piece some HST's that I had made the wrong size for another quilt. I have plenty of the red but have to pull in a similar light fabric to make extra blocks. I think I can get enough for a lap quilt, the colors are not very suitable for a baby quilt. I have someone in mind for this, so it will not sit around too long after it's finished!
I am attempting to whittle down the number of my own quilts that await the longarm and here I begin another! Currently the Bonnie Hunter Ringon Lake Mystery quilt is loaded on the longarm awaiting my attention! Too many quilts and too little time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

the flag quilt is great. Love the selection of colours.

Roslyn said...

I cannot claim praise for the colors, it was a kit on sale from years ago!
Roslyn