Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Bombo Genesis!

Our annual Christmas time vacation in the north east was a very chilly event, many days in single digits and nights at minus something or other!
Consequently we had a lot of time around the fire drinking warm/adult beverages, but I have done a little sewing too!
We attended a performance of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Love Never Dies”at the Providence Performing Arts Center, in case you didn’t know it is kind of a sequel to “Phantom”
We enjoyed it but found it less exciting than “Phantom” and the music not as catchy. The voices of all of the performers were top notch especially the young boy soprano playing the part of Christine’s son Gustav.
We went looking for a Brewpub after and ended up at Trinity Brewhouse. The Bisonburger was terrific and we chose our beers from a flight. I had a gingery beer called Screaming Viking, it was most enjoyable.
Some progress on “Ringo Lake”, close to finished on part #6. I appear to have left the coral FG at home so clue #7 is incomplete and I am unable to begin constructing the blocks.
 We celebrated New Years day with friends of the family coming over and I made a Pavlova, might seem a little strange with the temperature in the very cold zone but the house was warm!
We arrived home late Sunday night, weather issues delayed the flight departure from Boston an hour and a half. Monday night we watched the College Championships at "Fatsos".
Below is a mock-up of my Ringo Lake block, the turquoise is very washed out under flourescent light. As soon as I get the current KS quilt off the longarm [maybe tomorrow] I can get back to sewing on Ringo Lake then I need to whip up a baby quilt for a little girl who is due any day!
I am not very impressed with the color combo at the moment butI hope it will be better once the quilt is constructed.

No comments: