Saturday, September 17, 2016

Progress On My Bed Quilt

I was able to spend some time this week finishing the piecing of the center of my bed quilt that has been on hold for months. It will get wide grey borders on three sides to fit a Cal.King bed but I need to wait until tomorrow to lay it on my bed to check the necessary width for the borders.
After the struggle at the end of piecing to press the seams in the chevron quilt I was more meticulous step by step this time to press every row back and front  as I sewed and now all my seams are perfect and perfectly flat. It did take more time stopping between each row and carefully pressing but the pay-off is worth it and when piecing was done so was pressing!
These are the two grey fabrics I am considering for the border
 Seen together there appears to be a marked difference in value,
 but when apart oddly they seem much more similar.
 I am leaning towards the darker though the lighter one has a more pleasing pattern - I will look at them in the daylight once I lay the quilt out on the bed.



1 comment:

Gari in AL said...

Isn't it amazing what that pressing can accomplish? I also learned to press my rows as I sewed them so that the seams meshed together rather than fought each other. And, of course, that made quilting so much easier, too. Love the look of your quilt. I don't think I have seen one like it.