Thursday, May 5, 2016

Happy Scrappy Haunted Houses!

Linking up a little late with "Needlework Tuesday"
This is Angela's version of Bonnie Hunter's Happy Scrappy Houses, I added the "haunted" because of the fabrics used, Halloween theme as you can see!
I wanted to quilt something a bit happy scrappy and wonky rather than some more traditional design and settled on spiders and their webs!
 It is quite hard to see on the front, no matter what color thread I used it would not show.
 However it does show a little better on the back which is half the girls and half a creepy green scarecrow figure. I think it turned out very cute............
I wonder where Angela found the sexy girl Halloween fabric? I have never before seen the like, though I must admit I do not go looking for Halloween fabrics. Angela is keeping this one so I hope she enjoys the spidery webs!
As I took it off the longarm the Boy was watching always wanting to "help".
He grabbed it from me when the last pin came out and wrapped himself up in it! 
Can I keep it Grandnanna? It's my favorite! 
Does this mean I will be making him quilt #7?! Halloween fabrics anyone..........?
Yesterday was 100 degrees + here in Phoenix and the first swim of the season - you can tell it was a joyous occasion !

3 comments:

Heather said...

Nicely done. Great idea to quilt the spider webs.
My daughter has been after me to make her a halloween quilt. So far she has to settle for pillowcases of which most of ours are halloween.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

Andee Neff said...

Love it!

Lynette said...

So cute, how he did that! I have young-childhood memories of brutal heat in Phoenix!