Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Angela's Allietare

While Angela was enjoying beach time I have been working  assiduously
at  the longarm machine to quilt her 2015 Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery and here it is in all of its glory
Quilted freehand with peacock feathers and gold thread, Quilter's Dream Select batting, it does not closely resemble my version of Allietare [see previous post] the color choices alone set them apart. It is interesting how a simple color change can effect the look of a quilt then my added borders make them seem like different designs 
Linking up with Heather at "Needlework Tuesday"

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Roslyn,
Beautiful quilt. Love the colors in the quilt, the blue really makes it pop. Have a great day!

Gari in AL said...

I think that's a lot of the fun of several people making the same quilt. I know my Easy Street didn't look anything like Bonnie's but was made exactly the same. ;-)

Kate said...

I like to see the quilts from the guild workshops, at local quilt shows. You often see 15 interpretations of the same pattern. Always interesting.

Heather said...

My immediate impression was of how different it was from your version of the same pattern. Both are lovely.
Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.