Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Allietare Mystery

Cannot believe I have been so absent from blogging, the Boston vacation was most of it and we have been home just a week and busy trying to catch up plus this is our time with The Boy.
The last few days I have been working on the Bonnie mystery Allietare, finishing up all of the clues, pressing and trimming.
Taking care to sew the little blocks accurately and then pressing and final trimming of a sliver here and there makes it all go together flat and square with no tucks, I am very happy with it! 
All ready for the borders, I am awaiting word from SIL in Australia to find out the drop measurement of nephew's bed before I cut borders, I suspect it's around 24" but want to be sure.
Hoping to get borders done tomorrow, then it will be next up on the LA after I finish the QOV that's on there now. I don't plan on the curved border Bonnie did since this is for a guy simple is best, and I think Baptist Fan will be a good choice for the quilting design.
Linking with Heather at Needlework Tuesday

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Roslyn,
Beautiful quilts. Have a great day!

Andee said...

It looks great! I need to make my backing and get mine to ya!

Heather said...

I wouldn't have imagined the secondary effect from putting those two blocks together. well done. YOur nephew won't be able to help but love his new quilt.

Baptist fan design should be a lovely stitching motif.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.