Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Fireman Quilt For Friday Finishes

This terrific T shirt quilt was an honor to longarm quilt for one of our dedicated firemen.
  Kenny told me that he had not sewn before last year when he purchased a "Black Friday Special" sewing machine. It sounds like a very basic machine, but using the internet for assistance he cut his Tshirts, backed them with the stabilizer and then sewed them together perfectly square and flat with sashing!
I don't know about you but I am impressed - to have achieved this kind of accuracy alone without instruction is, to say the least unusual! He admitted that it was a lot of work as we quilters know, but I suspect he did not realize just how much work it would be!
Kenny also told me that he does a lot of work for autism support a subject that most of you know is dear to my heart. I have offered quilts for auction/ raffle etc next time they hold a fund-raising.
 This one touched my heart, the tragedy of so many lives lost last year from the Granite Mountain crew.
 The Bad Axes block was one of my favorites, I think it was Kenny's Academy shirt.
  The 9/11 shirt .
 He said he has many more T shirts, I can imagine it was difficult to choose his favorites.
 Congratulations on a great job Kenny I hope you stay warm under your quilt at the firehouse!

Below is the Linky to show your weekly progress on Friday Finishes.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing the link for this t-shirt quilt. It is lovely.