Thursday, October 30, 2014

Finished For Friday

Posting Thursday evening, I have a full day tomorrow. Two cute quilts from Angela over at Modern Diary blogspot, for nephews Ben and Colton. They are almost identical, different backings though. What a great auntie-Mom, cousin, daughter, etc, I think every member of her family has at least one of her now 234 quilts!
Wouldn't you like her to adopt you?!
This is Ben's………….
yellow backing.
Colton's………
 blue backing, both  quilts have Packer colors of course!
 Angela suggested using a simple football design with helmets and footballs...…….
 difficult to see on the quilt but here is a helmet,
 and here a football.
An open design makes a more cuddly quilt and of course I used the lovely Dream Angel batting by Quilter's Dream that is genetically engineered to be flame retardant without toxic chemicals.
The order came in today from Thousand's Of Bolts, some of the fabrics chosen for JW and Yessenia's wedding quilt. They have chosen grey, yellow and white for the quilt and grey tone on tone design for the backing.
 The grey on the far left is the wide-backing and there will be a lot of a white on white added into the quilt top. I can't wait to get started on it but possibly it will need to wait until after Christmas I have enough planned to take me through the holiday season especially with the addition of Grand Illusion, Bonnie's newest mystery!
I had also ordered yellow and turquoise for the mystery beginning in a month. I think I now have what is needed according to Bonnie's directions.
Now back to the longarm!
Here's Mr.Linky, please join in and add your progress and finishes for the week.

1 comment:

Andee said...

Love them Ros! Cannot wait for Christmas to give them out! We will be up that way in two weeks for a thrift sale at my mom's...so hopefully we can pick them up then!