Thursday, June 19, 2014

Aprons

Aprons make good gifts for people who like to spend time in the kitchen. This is one of three I am making for a mom and her two kiddos who enjoy cooking together.
The fabric is adorable, when I purchased it I had no idea how I'd use it but it makes great aprons
 I used Cindy Taylor Oates book Retro Aprons- it isn't the first time I've used the book, there are a lot more cute ideas in it. This style is very comfy and good for all shapes and sizes the pattern goes from small to XXL and gives good coverage for messy cooks! I particularly like the neck strap which I often find very uncomfortable and difficult to tie at just the right length, but this wider style shaped to fit around the neck is very nice. 
One of the kids aprons will be from this same fabric and I have a different cute KitchenAid  mixer fabric for the other child, no worries then about whose is whose and we always want to try and avoid more opportunities for sibling rivalry!

2 comments:

Andee said...

Very cute! I was thinking I could make a few aprons for some folks for Christmas this year...need to get on it!

joanne said...

what a cute idea...I think it would be great for the grandgirl. I may have to try my hand at sewing, and I LOVE the fabric, the retro prints are my fav.