Saturday, November 2, 2013

Update on Smith Mountain Morning [SMM]

The last few days have involved a great deal of cutting, and some piecing of the great number of each  involved in a Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt. SMM is no exception, and I am finally ready for the fun part, putting the blocks together to find out how they will look. The pieces, now ready for stitching may not look too impressive but what you see below is the result of many hours of rotary cutting, a bit of sewing and of course the all-important pressing!
I am using predominantly Civil War Replica fabrics for this quilt, it looks very traditional both in design and the scrappiness. This afternoon I even made a start on construction of the star blocks, and now I am hopeful of getting well under way with this before Thanksgiving. After having this quilt on my wish list for so long I am anxious to see it come together, the worst part for me is over, all the mind numbing cutting and I am excited to show my progress the next week or so.

4 comments:

Gari in AL said...

When I saw the picture I knew you had been doing the part I dislike the most. Bonnie has her New Year's Mystery coming out the end of the month and I am fighting the idea of all the cutting I would have to do. But, oh, what a beauty the result will be for both of us.

Andee said...

Looking good Ros! Be sure and link up with Jo's Country Junction if you haven't already!

Cactusneedle said...

That is seriously a lot of cutting! Looking forward to watching it come together.

cityquilter grace said...

i love this pattern too...it was a breeze to construct...i opted out of the border but even just bound it was gorgeous.. mine was pinks/greens....