Friday, November 22, 2013

BOM Month Eleven! Finished For Friday

These are the last four blocks for my 2013 BOM.
They are mirror images of the blocks from last month. Next month we get assembly and border instructions for the optional applique stars that for me really set off the whole quilt, they are the perfect finishing touch. I am not excited about the 2014 BOM so it's unlikely I will join in, there are many other designs HIMM [Hidden In My Mind] that I would rather make!
Meanwhile I have several tops awaiting the longarm but I before I tackle them I put on a practice piece last night to experiment with a different style of all over feathering.
Also awaiting some "Halo" Superior  metallic/iridescent thread for the blue Christmas quilt, I plan to McTavish the background with the thread above. I already have Superior silver metallic for the rest of the quilt.
Christmas is not so far off now so I will need to get busy on this- once it is quilted I still need to make 20 buttonholes on the tree to enable the LED lights to push through from the back!
Argh, buttonholes!

No comments: