Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Quilting Easy Street

This is the most recent Bonnie Hunter Mystery, another will be released in November I think.
Although the colors in this quilt are quite modern, the design is a traditional one, so I decided to try out the Circle Lord Baptist Fan design. Previously I have always quilted this freehand so I was anxious to see how it went.
 I am happy with the result and it was pretty fast.
 As is often my method of constructing a backing, this one is pieced with two different designs. The strip in the middle was left from the backing of a quilt I made in 2005. I have enough of the main fabric for binding. It's quite large quilt, around 98" square and that size quilt is always a challenge to photograph.
On Sunday I joined a few friends to sew and I always like to do something sort of mindless so I am not distracted by the chatter into making mistakes! Binding is pretty mindless and now the Craftsy BOM from last year is all done!

2 comments:

Andee said...

It looks great! I have Tobacco Road for you and hope to finish up the Swoon border and backing so I will have that one for you too! :)

farmlady said...

Beautiful!! Do you ever step back and take a look at what you do? These quilts are amazing and lovely. I hope you know that you create art with each new quilt.