Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Quilting Update

After adding a lot more quilting circles I am calling this done and ready to bind!
 I am still not sure if I will ever make random circles like that in the future, it isn't as effective as I had hoped. Maybe now there are too many circles?  Probably I should have used a wool batting too, and there would have been better definition. Well, one thing is sure, it will never fall apart in the wash!
In an attempt to add "something" I even went back over it with some red thread circles, that you can hardly even see! Sigh.............
I have a choice of binding and I think I will use the darker grey to frame the quilt. I can use the light grey on the next quilt I need to make, a KS for a wedding gift.
And, while I am on the subject, you may remember this lovely P and B Textiles fabric from this Modern Mystery quilt? I need more because I plan to use both it and the grey pin dot from the MM for the wedding quilt. Fortunately I found another bolt of the grey and purchased all of that but there's only three yards of this cream on cream and I probably need another three.
So, if anyone comes across it please, please let me know, ok?
I did list it on the Missing Fabric website.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I like the circles on the quilt. I haven't seen that fabric at all in my stores.I'd buy some for myself.

Coloradolady said...

What is the name on the selvedge of that fabric? I will look

Cactusneedle said...

Looks good! I do like the idea of circles.

Roslyn said...

Ramblings, it is by P&B Textiles called Tonal Circles, white on cream.
I found some in NZ, but not going there! I added it to a second fabric search site today & I am still looking online. Also posted it to my Machine Quilting Professionals group.

wendy said...

It is always fun to see the things you put together.