Sunday, January 13, 2013

Easy Street And Another Quilt for The Boy!

Finding this a bit slow going, these final very large blocks especially with all the distractions in my life this week, mainly a 3.5 year old!

However all the triangles are done and I am working on the large square blocks. This is how my blocks will look together. Once again I ran out of the green, this time I had to cut more 5.5"squares for another 8 triangles. I have no idea how I could have been off in my count but it happens with a quilt that has as many pieces as Bonnie's do. I began to add up the number of pieces in each of these blocks and then realized why they take so long! I need another 12 of the "A" blocks to be able to put them all together
Hoping to finish this tomorrow and perhaps even borders!
The Boy's favorite cartoon is Sponge Bob Square Pants, and I remembered that I had purchased some fabric for his older cousins when they were about the same age. I think I planned to make pillowcases but it never eventuated. I pulled it out the other day and he was so excited about it that I knew I had to make him something. He has several quilts but I am a quilter so what else would I do with the fabric?!
We have been reading, The Boy and I and he likes me to sing the nursery rhymes. He has taken a particular shine to Humpty Dumpty and there right next to the Sponge Bob fabric on my shelf I found some with Humpty Dumpty. I gave that to him too and he couldn't decide between them so the other side of Sponge Bob is Humpty Dumpty.  I took a little break from Easy Street to make this quilt and took it off the longarm and bound it last evening, the little boy hasn't seen it yet!
After all, even a three year old can't have too many quilts, can he?

3 comments:

Candace said...

Easy Street is looking really great, and the quilt for your little grandson is adorable, I'll bet that he loves it.

Heather said...

Love the look of your Easy Street Quilt. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't get myself to do it, but certainly have enjoyed following the progress of others.

Andee said...

Such a good grandmother he has! Easy Street is looking good!