Saturday I went to Meredith's to sew and began work on these blocks.
Deciding on rectangles rather than squares made things way more complicated than necessary and in hindsight I should have simply stayed with HST's. You do know that hindsight is 20/20, LOL.
The pattern I decided to use for a basis was published in Fons And Porter, March/April 2008 by Karla Alexander .
It is the same design I used for the recent pink and brown quilt on my blog here, but will not look anything like it as you can see the fabrics in these newest blocks are monotones.
Sunday BJ and her friend Jacki came to sew and we were delighted to have Lauren too after quite a long spell, most weekends she is busy helping out at her parents with her invalid Dad.
Lauren brought this top made for her Dad that I am to quilt. She used CW style repros. and we all agreed that it turned out just great and a perfect masculine quiltLast week was quite productive for me, in addition to the tops I quilted, these four below are bound and now off the UFO list! Trying to keep the list down to one or two, I get terribly uncomfortable if there are too many incomplete projects!