Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Quilt Report

Two of Andee's Schnibbles are quilted, these little quilts are handy for table toppers, wall hangings and new baby quilts.

This one has ribbons and bows quilted with a variegated Superior brand Rainbow thread.


The second has a floral quilting design similar to some of the fabrics and the thread is Superior again, a pink from their So Fine line.

This afternoon I got the borders on this quilt, the "ugly fabrics" in my own stash that I have ignored for so long! They aren't nearly as bad combined with some distracting coordinates, and in fact I really don't mind it at all and won't have to  wear sunnies to quilt it, LOL! The colors haven't come out very true so I may try to take another pic in daylight.
This close up shows the color a bit better.
Then later I cut 56 pairs of 10.5" batik squares for our group project coming up after the Spring Mystery this Saturday- I am hoping there may be enough here for two quilts.
The quilt we are planning to make is this one, called "Arrowhead".

1 comment:

Andee said...

Whoot whoot! Thanks Ros!