Monday, April 16, 2012

Hummarock Beach And A Seafood Feast

Since we first planned this visit I said " I want to go to the beach"! Being an Aussie and living much of my Aus. time on the coast, I do so miss the ocean. Of course my favorite ocean is the Pacific, but the northern Atlantic beaches suit me fine too!
Sunday we drove to Hummarock Beach where friends of the family have a cottage. Although it's closed up, still we are able to sit on the porch and have our picnic with the waves rolling in.
This is a pic. taken there last visit......
and a few from this time.

It turned out to be a perfect day for flying kites which the twins did very successfully. Their kites were waaay up there.

It was Button's first visit to the beach.

She made a new friend, Rory the Westie.

And had her first encounter with a live lobster!

On the way home we stopped by Thomas Reading Herring Run Park, saw a few very weary herrings!

You can't come here and not load up on fresh seafood and we purchased our favorites from a seafood market! Last night was feasting time- first, fresh shucked oysters that were eaten before any photos could be taken!

Oh my, Button's acquaintances!

The very delectable sea scallops, butter and garlic additions made them so very irresistible

Last, some clams, great niece's favorite.

DH and nephew Scott were gifted with luxury box seats for the Red Sox game Saturday afternoon, and here is the pictorial proof. The Sox won so it was a serendipitous event!

Kathleen and I met the guys after the game for a great meal at the Legal Seafood Test Kitchen. We had a long wait, due to a Bruins game as well as the Sox and all the visitors in town for today's Boston Marathon.
I am having a little withdrawal from my sewing/quilting machines and occupying my hands knitting. Not a lot to show yet so I will wait until there is more progress to post any pics.
The weather here in Boston is unbelievably warm, totally unseasonable so I was not really prepared for such warmth clothing wise, had to stop at Costco and buy lighter weight pants.
It feels more like AZ weather actually.


5 comments:

Jody said...

Looks like you are having fun! But I know what you mean about withdrawals :)

Linda said...

Looks like a lovely time was had by all!

Miri said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! I just love the Sox...lucky guys! Aw Buttons couldn't be too scared of that lobster-its claws were taped! :)

Tatersmama said...

I adore Boston, and I'm so glad that you're having such a good time! And the fresh seafood? Oh my, oh my!!!

On another note, by son received the beautiful quilt you made me, and he's in the process of having it professionally hung in my little house before our arrival the first week in May!
I can't wait to see it agin, because man... it was hard shipping it back there!

Seafood Online said...

I decided to have a good journey same as you had on the beach, and i want to take such a fresh seafood.