Monday, January 23, 2012

Saturday AZ Huggy Bunch

Alissa and BJ, came and sewed, I forgot to get a pic of Alissa's project a very cute Halloween quilt. No orange in sight which is probably why I like it.
BJ was working on her Orca Bay blocks, this is one of them.


The block below is one BJ made with the January design from an online BOM that uses a 12" square and some 2" strips, very fast and simple so I think I might try it and if I do I will post the directions. It is very easy, made like a Stack and Slash.


Last week January 18th. was 10th. anniversary of the death of my nephew and godson, Todd. he was 18 years old and has a twin Wesley. I had made a quilt for my brother and decided to add matching shams and this pillow, because it will all be used in a guest room that would have been Todd's room. I used a solid black to frame the photo and make it fit a 12" pillow form, then added the 2" flange in the same fabric I used to trim the shams. The pillow and shams will go by off airmail to Australia this week and I know that my
SIL and my brother will love them.
What a joy it is to be able to make things that bring others joy too.


I think this was Todd's HS prom photo and it was taken only a month or two before he died. The tragic loss of a lovely young man, a delight to all who knew him.
DH and I have an even closer family bond with my brother and SIL, having also lost a beloved twin son our Matthew, for whom our youngest DGS is named.
Our two families' lives have been forever scarred by these losses.
May their souls and the souls of all the faithful rest in peace.

1 comment:

Khris said...

ohh Roslyn I am sorry to hear you also have lost your nephew...we both know the heartache that goes with losing our children and the scars that will never really heal. My thoughts are with you and your families....big hugs
Khris xxx