Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Frogged Quilt [ripit-ripit]

Finally after more than a month the large-QS- quilt that I unquilted is re-quilted and ready to return to the maker, phew, PTL for that!
It is so large that I cannot get a view straight on because the couch is in the way! It's a beautiful quilt, isn't it?



I actually like the second iteration, [wait, I think that the word 'second' is redundant, lol] an all-over leaf and curl freehand design, better than the first I think it gives the quilt more cohesion-it's more graceful and more complimentary to the piecing design than my first choice with the separate sashing and border treatment.
The new backing to replaced the batik-the fabric that gave me such a headache, is a nice quality wide- back in a coordinating color, that quilted up very well.
It goes in the mail now and I do hope that Hannah will be happy with it.

2 comments:

Lindah said...

It looks really nice, Ros!
(You had to pick the extra big one to do the frogging on, didn't you!)

Tatersmama said...

Oh Ros, it IS a beautiful quilt! I love the colors in this one and the freehand leaf and curl design as well... :)