Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finished For Friday And Sew And Tell

I am linking today with both Finished For Friday and Sew And Tell.


The Willowberry Winter Medallion quilt top is finished, ready to quilt-or maybe not yet! I have been thinking that I might take all the left-over bits and add a piano key border. I dislike the extra bits and pieces left after finishing a project, they add to my unending scrap collection, so I am always looking for ways to use them sooner rather than later.
This top went together fast, it measures 73"x73", and only every other row is pieced blocks, speedy construction.
The photo doesn't do justice to the colors which are soft and delicate and lovely.


8 comments:

Miri said...

This is really lovely! I love the fabrics!

Great minds think alike...Just yesterday I decided to add a piano key border to my batik star-silk ribbon. At 73" x 73" an extra border will make your quilt a nice full bed size...how pretty it will be on a bed!

Lappedamen said...

What a beautiful quilt top, very romantic. An extra piano key border would be great.

concretenprimroses said...

Its so very pretty. and aren't you smart to use up all the pieces. What a great idea. I need to do that in my crafts!
Kathy

Amy said...

very pretty,Thanks for sharing,Amy

Quiltpiecer said...

This is beautiful ... so feminine and romantic!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I made a medallion quilt last year, and it was really fun. Your quilt is a nice blend of color.

Paulette said...

That is very pretty and soft-looking. I like the pattern of squares with the strip of fabric between. Lovely!

Reddirt Woman said...

L.O.V.E. this quilt top. Not as much as the one I have of your's already, but really, really close. As far as the piano key border I think that would be wonderful and so different. If I may make a suggestion for your small scrap pieces... donate to an assisted living home that has art projects. A lot of old folks would love to be able to quilt with friends or even do collages. Gives them not only something to do with their hands, it gives them something to look forward to, something to keep active for and to want to get out of the bed for... also allows for social time. When I did custom picture framing I donate a lot of smaller pieces of mat board (it stacked up so quickly and I didn't have a lot of storage) and donate to the highschool, the summer Art Association kids classes and I donated a lot to Elder Care. They had an art teacher that was just delightful and she was so thankful for something her 'folks' could draw or paint on... I saw some of the works that had been done by people from 8 to 80 on mat board that I had donated and it just did my heart so good.

Hugs...