Friday, July 30, 2010

Bite Me!

Quite a blog title isn't it? Bet that got your attention, but it's probably not what you are thinking and certainly not commonplace language for a lady!
My friend , Tatersmama, has had a mozzie problem, mosquitos to be more precise, you can read all about it here, she will make you laugh.
Anyway, while we were in Ouray the other day, window shopping mostly [though I did buy a new handbag] I saw this T shirt in one of the store windows and it made me laugh thinking of Kate's post, so I had to take a photo.


Rather a nasty-looking insect isn't it, I am not sure I would wear this shirt unless I was wanting to turn people away. I hate mosquitoes, I have horrifying memories of them as a child in Aus. hiding under the covers from them when they somehow managed to penetrate the mosquito netting and even now they give me the creeps! Shiver....
You can see the reflection of the beautiful CO. sky, I think it makes the mozzie look a little less vicious! I would not have felt right going into the store to take a pic and then not buying! The shirt seems a bit odd for a CO. store, we really don't have these pests up here in the mountains, no stagnant water and perhaps too much altitude?
Here's something much nicer, my lovely new purse!


The old one was showing signs of wear so this was perfect timing. There were so many to choose from I had a hard time deciding.


The overall size a la Goldilocks, is perfect, not too large, not too small but just right, and I like the color combination with a bit of bling! It has extra outside pockets, one on the back and one either end that will be perfect for phone and iPod. And the price was right, what more could a woman ask? The right purse is so important!
I'm stylin'!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Funny shirt! The purse is lovely.....nice color scheme.

Loretta Weaver said...

Love the T-Shirt and I would wear it! Mosquitoes just love me to this day. I have too many memories of getting bitten by them...The purse is so you!
Miss you my friend

Miri said...

Great purse...love the pink!

Happily we don't have mosquitoes here...I don't know why-could it be because we are below sea level? CO is too high and we're too low??

Elaine Adair said...

My BIL uses that phrase and I don't quite know how to respond - it's new to me!