Sunday, August 2, 2009
Scrappy D9P Done!
It takes me a few days to get back into the different routine of the country versus the city - & vice versa, so I always feel a bit disorganized & inefficient till my brain re-orients myself. We came into AZ Wednesday evening so I missed VTT & here it is Sunday morning before I post.
I quilted the D9P with fast freehand peacock feathers then got it bound & labeled ready for the CO. baby boy when we go back.
I did reposition a couple of blocks to make it look more random-that's one reason it wasn't done sooner, frogging [ripit-ripit] two blocks then resewing wasted a couple of hours but I absolutely had to do it my eyes could not tolerate it in the original arrangement. Then I goofed around with the idea of a pieced scrappy border & couldn't make that work, more time wasted. For a "fast" scrap quilt it sure took up more time than I planned!
I am quite happy with it now I think it's a sweet baby quilt & quite neutral enough for a boy-he's currently using a much more feminine version that I made for his sister a few yrs. ago.
I made the simple little label on the new embroidery machine & I'm happy with it, the quality is certainly nicer than those made on my DSM.
I have another top- The Future's So Bright quilt on the LA ready to go, probably I will not get started on it till tomorrow because I have to get ready for church now & later this afternoon the whole family is coming for ribs etc which will take care of the rest of the day.
I already visited my nearest QS "Quiltz" a couple of times since we got here, I needed a red print for binding for one of the vintage eBay tops & backing for two other tops. I was fortunate to get the backings from the sale table at $3.99/yd plus a yard of a B&W. I'll take pics & post those maybe tomorrow.