Friday, January 16, 2009

Two more baby boy quilts

Last year was the year of the girls, I made 5 baby girl quilts, this year already it's the boys year & I just this evening finished baby quilts for two families at our church, one little chap is already here, Nicholas, the other baby is due the end of March.
I had cute fabrics for the quilts in stash so I decided to make them fast & easy using YBR [Yellow Brick Road pattern]. I have only ever made one quilt from this pattern several years ago, as below,
when I needed to use up a stack of yellow & blue left over from a watercolor Irish chain made for a god daughter's 21st birthday.

So this seemed like a good opportunity to pull out the pattern and give it another go & boy is it speedy! I made these both from cutting to binding this week beginning Tuesday I think & all I have left to do are the dreaded labels, it's the "L" word!

The first one is for baby Nicholas......

I posted a photo of the back too because I used yellow thread & you can't see the quilting much from the front.
The second is for as yet ??un-named baby boy!


and I quilted them both with those fast peacock feathers.

Next week I plan to make the baby quilt for our expected grandson, Matthew, then I hope to get back to my mystery quilts.
I am well satisfied with this week's work - in addition to two baby quilts all done, I have hand stitched about halfway around the edge of the KS Lover's Knot. DH had surgery at Mayo Clinic hospital Monday & I sat around for over six hours & occupied myself hand stitching.
Tomorrow I am off to Tucson for their quilt show & my friend is driving so I plan to work at finishing off the Lover's Knot quilt.
We're staying overnight at a historical hotel downtown Tucson so that should be fun and a chance to spend some time with a friend I don't see very much.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I haven't tried the Yellow Brick Road yet though I do have the pattern and fabric. Perhaps that will be done this year.

Hope DH is doing well and that you enjoy your time in Tucson with a friend.

Joy said...

I have that pattern also, and am looking forward to some stashbusting with it! Your quilting certainly finishes them off beautifully!!

Hoping your time in Tucson is relaxing and full of little happy memory-making moments!

Happy Quilting! :)