Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tucson trip

LA friend Debbie[a LA'er for AZ. HOB] drove to Tucson & we met up with Loretta, AZ. HOB Coord. & her friend Cathy. Of course the trip included some quilt shop retail therapy but I only spent what I had planned so I wasn't too bad! It was a long day, over 300 miles round trip plus a major forced detour on the way home, there is always some kind of "work" on the highways. In addition to my fabric purchases I came home with a couple more projects courtesy of Loretta, a quilt top & backing to be completed for donation & enough blocks for another QOV, both off her UFO list & onto mine,LOL! And from Loretta, two more quilt patterns & a book! I have unpacked & petted my purchases, which incidentally were all on sale, & here are the pictures. The marbley pieces with the coordinate are for a WHIMM, aren't they gorgeous? Then these sort of retros are Valori Wells , I love them & want to make a padded computer bag for my MacBook with one of them. Do you see a theme developing here, does it look as if I'm in a "brights" phase, ya think?! Do other stashers also find that your fabric falls into one phase or another of buying trend? As for these last two fabrics, the pink print is replacement for one of the many pinks I used in the Pink Bargello [previous post] & the yellow Ginny Beyer is a good stop border for the small Resurrection water color quilts that I make.
Last but not least here are pics of the two QOV's that I quilted Thursday after I finally got the A-1 retimed & the missing screw replaced. I hadn't been able to use it for a week & boy had I missed it! These are now trimmed & binding in place for final stitching, labeling & laundering before going to a military hospital to offer comfort for a Wounded Warrior.

6 comments:

Lindah said...

Hi Rosalyn --lots of exciting fabrics on your post!
The QOV are beautiful. I really like your use of color. Glad you got your A-1 going again.

Lindah said...

OOOps! Sorry about misspelling your name.

Candace said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your comments. You chose some very pretty fabric, and the quilts are beautiful.

Sweet Woodruff said...

I love those brights you picked out. I don't usually buy many brights, but those are sweet!!

Thank you for your kind comment about our new dog. I never thought about that before. There is a song we sing at church called Sanctuary where we ask God to make us a Sanctuary, etc. Your post made me think God answers our prayerful song by bringing us abused pets. LOL

And you know, I've been thinking about what you said for two days now and I can remember so many times where I was "starving, dehydrated and lost" and came crawling back to God, my sanctuary. I'm so glad I have a safe place I know I can go.

I hope I get to meet you some day. One sister-in-law lives in Mesa and we keep saying we'll go out there, but now that gas is so high, I doubt we'll ever go any where again.

It was nice meeting you and I hope you'll stay in touch. You're a sweet person to keep around.

Blessings to you! Stay cool in AZ!

Oh yeah. Go Army! My dad was in the Army. All the men in my family (lots and lots) have all served in the military. Right now I have one nephew who is an Apache pilot and my other nephew is a B2 Stealth bomber pilot. Thank your husband for serving our country.

Sorry this was so long. I had a mouthful to say. :)

Sweet Woodruff said...

Wow. That was long. LOL

Have a great day!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh those brights are just gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you do. Love the quilts as well!!