Monday, May 19, 2008

Pink bargello



I am pleased to report another project done as I finished up the piped binding this evening. I have to make the label yet, that's a job for tomorrow. In the morning I have to take my car in to Andrew's shop for detailing, it is very overdue so it will be nice to have it spic and span!
Today I went to the Mac store at the Biltmore for a class on iPhoto, that's a great program with a lot of nice features. I took notes, heaven knows how one would ever remember everything otherwise. Next Saturday I am signed up for another Mac class in some of the basics, it may cover a lot of what I know already as the iPhoto class did, but it's all helpful.
Kris's ordination service Saturday was very moving, and Sunday she read the Gospel message for the first time. I wonder if she will ever become accustomed to her new title, "Rev.Kris "!It looks as if we'll be heading up to the mountain house shortly, the weather has to be better there, it was 110deg. in Phx today & the same predicted for tomorrow, that's 15 deg. above normal for this time of year. Supposedly we are to have a cool front later in the week that will drop the temps below 90, seems hard to believe but that's what can happen here, though we know that the triple digits are almost here to stay for the next few months.

6 comments:

Candace said...

Your quilt turned out really pretty. I like pink, and like the girly feel of it. Your classes sound very interesting, I hope that you get a lot from them. I live in Florida, but we don't have anything on Arizona when it comes to heat.

Lindah said...

Very pretty quilt. The inner border and piping are really nice touches.
Your weather report sounds very similar to ours with the above normal temps. We have a cold front coming through today bringing relief and thick clouds to shade us. Glad to see an end, albeit temporary, to the triple digits. Have a safe and enjoyable time at the CO house!

sewbeezy said...

Your pink bargello turned out so pretty!!! I would be tempted to try my hand at a bargello if I didn't already have so many projects going.

Rose Marie said...

Lovely ... and the quilt has a lot of movement in it from your colour choices and placement. Wish we had a bit of your heat here in Toronto. We've been indoors with the heat on it is that cool outside.

Anonymous said...

Did you use strip-piecing on this? It's beautiful!

Serena Smith said...

love the pink color combination!!! :)