Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's 17th. again.

Every month, there is 17th. & 18th. No escaping them is there? My clock is split between Australia & USA, ONLY 17 hours difference LOL !It is 18th. now in Aus., 6 years since my godson & nephew Todd lost his life in a single vehicle accident. it has been heavy on my heart all month, in truth I never forget it. One year and 6 months since we knew our beloved son Matthew had left this earth too. Personally, I think that is more than our share of tragedy, but that's JMHO.
To the rest of the world we are "OK". I do all the expected things, buy the necessary, make meals, take a shower get my hair done-I look "OK" right? Wrong, inside I am bleeding, always the broken heart. Behaving "OK" for the rest of the world sometimes gets to be too much & then I have one of my"meltdowns", tonight was such a night.
Tomorrow I'll try to return to whatever the world expects of me but for tonight I am the broken hearted mother, weeping, inconsolable.

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. A parent should never have to deal with the loss of a child or grandchild.
On the quilty front, how is your mystery quilt coming along? Hasn't this been fun?
Regina
http://bitnbyaquiltingbug.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am sorry for your lost and pray you find comfort in the arms of an angel....
Prayfully,
Pam

Khris said...

Ros you are always in my thoughts and we will both mourn the loss of both our Matthews for the rest of our lives. Yes we will wake every morning, shower, do our hair and face. Face the world looking like we are "normal" but will always carry a sadness inside. Thank goodness the world is a lot smaller with the internet and we can communicate with each other across the other side of the world. Hugssss your friend Khris

Roslyn said...

Meeting you Kris, & other lovely quilters has been a real help in keeping going.
Hugs across the miles to you!

Ronda Beyer said...

Your outreach to me has truly touched me, this post echo;s my everyday. God Bless you and thank you for helping me through all the darkness of losing not only my brother but my son....