Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Help from an Aussie!

My online quilting friend "K" walked me through a tutorial via "instant messenger" yesterday! I learned a lot & printed off a copy of her instructions so I have a reference. Whew, that was a lot of info. & for web savvy people that's no big deal I know.
I met "K" online along with hundreds of others, because of a group which formed around the construction of a "mystery quilt", a group that grew to over a thousand in a couple of weeks. These quilters are from all over the world, from Australia, N.America, S. America, UK, Europe & Africa! I find it quite astounding, the number & locations of the members that could only have come about because of the internet.
We are currently on step # 6 of this mystery & on Thursday of this week the 7th, & final step will be revealed.
Joining this group is one of the steps I have taken to keep myself constantly occupied & productively so. During this dreadful journey of grieving I have discovered much about myself that I did not know before- one of those facts is that I need to be productive & I am focused on finding ways to do that. It makes sense to me to explore an area of great interest & familiarity & that happens to be quilting.
Next post I hope to be able to picture my progress with this mystery quilt & perhaps whatever else I am currently creating.

1 comment:

Kucki68 said...

I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the mystery. Take good care of yourself!